BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 27, 2009

....another day....

Okay.
So does it seem that all I do on here is gripe? Well.... If that's the
way you feel than this post won't be any better for you.

How am I right now?
I'm irritated.
Why you ask?
Well i shall tell you...
Gladly...

I'm frustrated with people who offer unwanted advice. Those people who
surely mean well but will tell you "just the way it is/going to be"
because....well you know... That's what happened to them. So why
would you be any different right? Ugh.
I'm so tired of hearing what I should do. What I'm doing wrong. What
will "absolutely" happen... And what won't.
My brain is exhausted.
I am not a prude.
I genuinely want some peoples advice and tips......
But for goodness sake let me ask you for them!
I know it's only the beginning.....
It will only be ten times worse when Jaden is here.....
( and no... I dong know when that is!!! For the last frickin time!!!)

Oooohhhhhh okay.
Better now.
I am not a bitch.
I promise.
Just a mommy-to-be on advice overload.

God created us to be mommies.....
I'm sure I'm not as clueless as people think I am. Really.
Someone recently even asked me if I needed them to show me how to
change a diaper.... Really....

1. Very few girls make it out of their preteens without learning
that...if it even takes till then.

2. I've worked in childcare/ child developement for about 5 or 6
years... You really don't think ive had to change a diaper in that
amount of time.

3.I am just not that dumb!

Another issue I have:

The oh so classic " I'll let you borrow my kids for a day... Then
you'll see what it's really like!"

Okay
1. You notice it's always the parents with the bratty evil children
who ask that?!? To the point where you really want to say.." No... It
won't help.... My children will never be as aweful as yours!"

2. What a cheap way to get a babysitter

3. Like that's any way to really honestly truthfully "see what it's
like"...... No

4. Again,..... Not a dumb ass!

Okay
I'll stop.
Promise to be more pleasant next time.

3 comments:

Chris said...

This post of yours made me laugh. I liked it.

I simpathize with your, distate for the oh-so-wise women who have done it before. But yes, you seemed to hit the nail on the head with your point of, "That's what happened to them. So why would you be any different, right?" Awesome.

I know NOTHING about childbirth. I do however think I know a little something about human beings. That is this: just because you have done something before does not mean you have (a)done it well, (b) done it correctly. I am sure there are PLENTY of women out there that know what you're going through, to a degree. But yeah, you are right in that they don't know what you're going through, specifically for you. Right, right.

In short, Alyssa, I promise not to give you advice on birthing/motherhood.

Lyssa Rae said...

In turn.... My dear sir...
Your comment made me laugh.
Thank you....
Your sympathy is appreciated.

Lindsey said...

Only one thought:

In our "bringing baby home" class, out of about 20 couples, probably half had never changed a diaper. Including the girls. I was astounded.

Anyway, good luck!