BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 8, 2009

My hospital journey.....

I have been gone.
I know.
Here's why.
Wednesday and Thursday mornin I was gearing up for company coming.
All our family was coming up for what was suppose to be Jadens Baby
detication at church today.
My parents come from Idaho.
My inlaws and sister-in-law came up from Yakima. They are currently
staying at my other sister-in-laws house.
Friday was lovely.....
UNTIL........
We got takeout from brown latern.
I got a Chicken sandwhichand some
Fries(<-triggers attacts try tell me) z. I got chicken because I had
indeed slowly began transitioning back to a vegan diet. To feel
better. My body liked it. But by gollie those turkey sandwhiches were
nice during pregnancy.
Anyway.
Sidetracked.
Sorry.
Small chest pain immediately after dinner.
Not worried.
Had major acid reflux during pregnancy.
Since My son was born I had had 3 other episodes of pain like this. I
began attributing it to has that got
Stuck in my tummy. Babies do in fact rearrange your insides. No.fun.
Those episodes of pain had usually lasted about 30 minutes.
They.
Were.
HORRID.
I would liken them to labor pains. It felt like a contraction in my
rib cage that never let go .
Anyway.
It happened this time.
Only THIS time it
WOULDN'T STOP!!!!!!!
Hours went by.
Luckily baby was sleepy.
I only had to feed him once.
It started at about 8pm.....
It persist.
Then came bathroom time.
I did
Everything you can imagine in there.
( well I guess that's how demented you are...maybe not everything)
Came to the hospital at about 4am
They think it's my gallblatter.
Get nausia and pain meds.
They are good.
No....great.
Ultrasound time.
Very strange to have an ultrasound and NOT be looking at baby.
Gallstones.
Lots of them.
Little ones.
The kinds that travel places.
They told
Me if it worked it's way into a certain area.....that that pain would
be 10x worse AND it would be uncurable. I'd live with it for the rest
of my life.
I did not like this option.
After some tears and deliberation.
They immediately scheduled my surgery.
Went in at 1.....
Don't remember passing out.
Last thing I remember I was talking to the nurse about being able to
see my gallblatter. I like
That sorta thing.
I came out at 2:30
Woke up at 3:30
Back to the room by 4:30
Jon is much better now.....I think he was a wreck.....though we will
not admit it.
So...I saw it. It was packed with little stones.
I believe them now.
My gallblatter was also much smaller than I would Have though.
Odd.
They were se naughty little stones that made their way towards my
intestines. They are stuck. That is why i vomit up all my food. Have
to go for a second proceedure at a different hospital today...
(hopfully) sometime.
They go down through my mouth to
Flush them out.
Yay.
Not so thrilled.
I gag.
So I stopped taking my morphine. Didn't think
It did a whole lot.

Have sething like Motron for pain....bit it made me throw up....so
then they gave me anti nausia meds.
Which didn't really help.
So I stopped that too.
I am now just on a fluid iv.
It hurts but.....
I'd rather deal with that then the side effects.
Also.
I'm
Pumping.
Or
Trying to.
But you don't make much milk when u have no water and no food!!!!!
So.....poor guys getting formula too.
He LOVES it I'm told. Not happy about that bit I am glad he's eating.
And it's okay since I can't feed him much now.
But.
Bottom line.
I HATE that my babys getting fed out of a can.... And that I can feed
him now.
I pumped a full bottle this morning.
Last pump was about 1 1/2 oz:(
Hospital pumps work better though.
So anyway.
Im soooo thirsty
I only get ice.
Next I get to DRINK water
Then juice.
Then jello
Then broth....which I
Will live
On this week most likely.
The low
Fat to a NO FAT diet for the next two months.
Low fat for the rest of my life.
And very small meals. Always.
No thanksgiving for me:)
Guess I am destined to be a veggie/vegan:)
Thank you frenchfries.
I hate you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that stinks, Alyssa! I am sorry! I hope you get well soon!
Taylor