BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 3, 2008

On being open...

I...am generally not an open person unless i truly trust you. And even then it takes a lot to let people see all of me. But once i have found those people whom i can love and trust I hold on very tight to them.
I saw....once again...last night just how blessed I am with the husband that God has so graciously provided for me. He is...amazing. He is my buddy, my confidant, my fellow debater, my fellow adventurer, my "lets just stay in bed and watch a movie...maybe order pizza" buddy. He is by best friend. And i see more and more every day how important that is.
I honestly can't imagine being in a marriage with anyone other that your best friend. Having a bond beyond sex is seemingly inconceivable to our modern society, and I don't know why.
I am looking beyond the same sex marriages and the incredibly high divorce rate that almost exceeds the marriage rate. Beyond those things....(even though i think them most terrible!!!)...we come to the simple, healthy, biblical marriage between a man and a woman, a husband and a wife, even that has become dirty. Marriage is more of a cuss word now that a word representing something we should cherish. How sad that marriage has become an afterthought....something that comes after people have lived together for 7 years or after the birth of their 4th child. Instead of congratulations when learning of an engagement or upcoming marriage...more often than not....come the question of "Why?". Now that why could either be a "What did they get themselves into, and why do they have to get married now?" Or "Whats the purpose of getting married.....you can live the life without the ties"
anyway....I know i'm ranting....but i just don't get it. I don't understand peoples logic. I don't understand or like what marriage has become to both the secular and the christian world. We should be ashamed.

But....
I praise God for the Husband i have....and the marriage i have....though its not perfect it is made wonderful in the Lord.

hmmm....okay off to make dinner

0 comments: