BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The check up (and midwife) from hell....

Okay so want the story? Here goes...

Today was my 38 week appointment. Theyblasr few have gone great and I
was exspecting this one to be the same. I was meeting with
Lynnette.... One of the three midwives..... Who is usually always
pretty nice.
The three of them differ greatly.....
Lynnette is the short and curt one.... Very to the point but no real
bedside manor....
Mary is the bubbly grandma type who skirts around questions as to not
get herself in trouble..... Her bedside manor is pretty good
And Natalie.... My favorite..... Who is right in the middle of those
two..... Will tell me the truth and respect me at the same time.... I
LOVE her!!!
Needless to say she is the one i've seen the least.... Of course

So I get there today and was taken right back..... Good blood pressure
AND I've
Leveled out on the weight gain....finally! ( that makes final count 48
lbs gained since December ......ugh)
Waited for her....
Waited
Waited.....
She opens the door with a "oh hi..... It's you...hmmmm"
"What the hell does that mean?" I'm thinking?!?!?
She asked me how I'm doing.....
And interupted me before I could answer.....
She said " your done aren't you"
( this is a question that they all ask and then chew u out if u tell
the truth)
Of course I said yes....
I got
Lectured

She asked how things were.....
I Told her all that's been happening...
She lectured me that "that's all normal"
I said "yeah I know..... That's why your hearing about it now.... Not
a week ago"
My other midwife
Told
Me
To tell lynnette to check me..... Cause they want to keep an eye in me
cause I'm measuring big...
She butched sooo much about this.... Then I got in trouble...
She threw the sheetnon my lap and told me to get on the table....
First measurement: 40 1/2 cm
Same really
Heartbeat: 140...just fine
"spread your legs"
*WHAM!!!"
She
Pushes full force on my legs....
"OUCH"
Complains and mumbles to herself about how rediculous this check is...
:::::::::TMI moment here::::::
She gloved up and off we go...
( mind u I had this dine last week by a different calmer pleasanter
person... And it didn't hurt at all!!!!! It's a little different when
there's anger behind those fingers!!!!)
It frickin hurt!
Then she was mad cause I was tense..... I told her it was becuase she
was being rough!
She said my cervix was to high To reach
..... Facinating I though.... Since it want last week for the chick
with shorter fingers! Maybe my body is running away from u!!!

She tried a sweep... Well she said she I'd but I don't see how.....
She only attempted for about 1/2 a second.....

She
Mumbled to herself
Then began pushing down HARD on my babies head to make him lower.
I hates this.
Baby really hated this.
I told her to stop
She barked right back that it was my fault vise I told her to check
me....
Well hello... No... I didn't
I was more dialated..... Don't know effacemen or station cause I wa to
busy trying to rescue myself.

She looked at our
Birthplan...... Complained about everything on it....
I asked what was wrong...
She said nothing.... It was just a waste of time cause they did/
didn't do all those things anyway.
I politely said I didn't care... Unwanted it On paper.

I Said thank you ask she left....
She grunted and said "yeah"..... And left

I pulled
Myself
Back together and tried hard not to cry........ Cause I don't cry......
Until I got to the car at least:)

Moral of the story...... Jaden can't come this weekend cause she is on
call.... I think.
And I DONT want to have anything to do with her anymore.
And if I have to go to my appointment on the 29th (oh God please
noooo!!!) I am changing my appointment..... I will not see her again.

Goodbye Lynnette G.
Wish I could say it's been pleasant....but.....

2 comments:

Jewel said...

oh my oh my oh my.....NO I would NOT go back to her either. If you do go into labor this weekend I would actually not let her come in and demand that the on call hospital doctor come or something. What a b&*%$!

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. And I'm so sorry you have to worry about her being on call. I will just be praying for God's perfect timing and your perfect peace:)

But I also want to encourage you Alyssa that you DO have a say in all of this. It's YOUR baby, YOUR delivery and all. A friend of mine even changed doctors at 37 weeks. They can accomadate you. They better! Possibly you could relate your concerns to the other midwives. And I would definitely say something about your treatment in this last check up. If you are really feeling crazy you could threaten an unassisted homebirth if they don't comply with what you need. Obviously don't really do that, but just thinking of how I'd try to get my way:)

Jewel said...

Okay, when I said "threaten an unassisted homebirth" I hadn't read the thread about your positive GBS test. Yeah, that simple threat could have some legal reprecussions:0P

I'll be praying for ya!